Wednesday, October 15, 2008

grant me 3 wishes

grant me 3 wishes

Is this an ominous face full of foreboding, or a gentle friendly face like Shrek? I was walking down the trail at McConnell's Mill. There were many people also there, it was a glorious day and all the tourists were out. But then, all of a sudden, they all seemed to disappear. The noise of the rapids, water splashing hither and thither, suddenly ceased. The birds and other sounds were no more. The face began to speak: "I was wondering when you would see me. In fact, I've been waiting here for over 100 years for anyone to observe my slumber. As luck would have it, I am quite patient. So now you are the first, to see my visage and now you are the lucky one. I will grant you three wishes."
I took those three wishes and kept them, but have not yet used them.

No comments: