Friday, July 25, 2008

elusive ray of light


I do it for light, light, light

I discovered a magical ray of pure sunlight,
I followed it up and I followed it right,
it dodged, and it bounded and looped
all around, I'm trying to find if I may if I might,

It was tiny and bright and it lept over head
but I followed it quick, and it wiggled instead
it was canny and clever and quickly receded,
but I followed it through and aimed just ahead

The light landed up on a green maple tree
and the seeds were illumed to be orange, can't you see
it was steady and stable and lingered awhile
and the seeds didn't move, nor extinguish my guile

The result you can see is a striking redound
of a blade in the air, just the way it was found,
and I captured it fine, and now that its mine
I'm happy to show it to you any time

Enjoy

(written to the music of this song:)
youtube.com/watch?v=O8CyJVTCFYs

I recently made some audio recordings of:
Wood Thrush:
javadoug.googlepages.com/MVI_0861.AVI.MP3

Hooded Warbler (wheatie-wheatie-wheatie-oooh)
javadoug.googlepages.com/MVI_0898.AVI.MP3
javadoug.googlepages.com/MVI_0900.AVI.MP3

Hooded Warbler (alternate call, not heard as often)
javadoug.googlepages.com/MVI_0902.AVI.MP3

No comments: